The Lewes African American Heritage Commission was appointed by Mayor & City Council at their January 13, 2020 meeting.
- Rev. George Edwards, (Chairperson)
- Rev. Deborah McCaffity, (Vice Chairperson)
- Trina Brown Hicks, (Secretary)
- Bishop Arthur Jones
- Dee Lott
- Rachel Grier-Reynolds
- Bill Collick
- Khalil Saliba, (Councilperson, ex-officio)
- Ann Marie Townshend, (City Manager, ex-officio)
- Kayla Pedrick, (Recording Secretary)
The commission meets on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm in Council Chambers at City Hall.
The Annual Juneteenth event will be held on June 24, 2023, at George HP Smith located at the corner of Johnson Avenue & Dupont Avenue from 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM. The rain date is June 25, 2023.
The Lewes African American Heritage Commission welcomes vendors and organizations to submit an application if interested in joining the celebration. Click here for an application.
Lewes African American Heritage Commission Mission
Lewes African American Heritage Commission Bylaws
Speeches to the cOMMISSION