The City of Lewes uses the ICC 2012 Code. Construction shall comply with that Code. The Building Code can be found here.
Click one of the following links to apply for a building permit.
- As of Oct. 12, 2021, all new residential construction requires a fire suppression system. This does not apply to renovations under 50%.
Fire Suppression Plan
- The City of Lewes will be reviewing the fire suppression plans. The following is required for the submission of the plans
- Fee - $150.
- 2 paper copies (24"x36") and a PDF of the fire suppression plans
- 2 paper copies and a PDF of the hydraulic calculations.
- copy of the water flow test from the Lewes Board of Public Works
- completed application form. Pages 2-5 of the Building Permit - New Construction.
You can email permits to email@example.com
There are a number of properties located within the floodplain. The City has floodplain regulations that may be found here. Additional resources and information regarding floodplain can be found on the FEMA website. This site may also be used to determine if your property is located in the floodplain.