The City of Lewes Board of Adjustment is a five-member board appointed by the Mayor & City Council to hear requests for variances or special use exceptions to the Lewes City Code. Members are appointed for 3-year terms each.
The establishment and organization of the Board of Adjustment can be found in Chapter 197 Zoning, Article XIV of the City Code. All questions and/or comments can be forwarded to the City Planner at (302) 645-7777 x110, mailed to The City of Lewes, Attn: Janelle Cornwell, PO Box 227, Lewes DE 19958 or emailed to email@example.com
- Richard Grier-Reynolds, Chairperson
- Luke Mette, Vice-Chairperson
- Denise Emery, Secretary
- William Sharkey
- Ron Krajewski
- Barrett Edwards, Board Attorney (ex officio)
- Janelle Cornwell, City Planner (ex officio)
- John Robitaille, Building Official (ex officio)
- Kayla Pedrick, Recording Secretary
The Board of Adjustment is scheduled to meet the first Tuesday of every other month, starting in January, on an as-needed basis. Hearings are held in Council Chamber at City Hall, starting at 10:00 am.