The City of Lewes collects trash weekly on Monday and Tuesday from Labor Day through the end of June. The day your trash is collected depends on where your property is located. If you have any questions, please see the schedule below or contact the City of Lewes at 302-645-7777.
Trash and Recycling are picked up on a weekly basis as per the City Services Schedule below.
Regularly scheduled trash collection will be moved forward one day for the following City holidays:
Holidays from April 2022 to March 2023
- Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day
- Monday June 20 - Juneteenth
- Monday, July 4 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 5 - Labor Day
- Monday December 26 - Christmas Day
- Monday, January 2, 2023 - New Years Day
- Monday January 16, 2023 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday February 20, 2023 - Presidents’ Day
As per the City of Lewes Code, all trash, garbage, and rubbish containers shall be removed from the front of any given property within 24 hours. They should be emptied by the collector and, when full, shall be placed along the curb in front of the property not sooner than noon of the day preceding the day that same normally will be collected by the collector.
For further information, please go to the City Code, Chapter 106, Garbage, Rubbish & Refuse.