Located at the corner of Savannah Road and Kings Highway, the Zwaanendael Park chronicles our heritage and displays the colorful images of summer at its best. The Park is home to the Zwaanendael Museum and the 18th Century Fisher Martin House, which is also the Lewes Chamber of Commerce and Visitor's Center. It is also home to a central fountain surrounded by benches providing an opportunity to take a break from the hustle and bustle of downtown and just sit and relax. Along Kings Highway, the park contains the Fisher Martin Herb Garden. The garden is an authentic 1700's Colonial herb garden. It is planted with herbs that were used by Colonial housewives for culinary, medicinal and other uses, such as dyeing fabric and repelling bugs and offensive odors. There are also plants and herbs that were used by the Native Americans of the Cape Henlpen region. The plants were researched with materials provided by Colonial Williamsburg and the Nanticoke Museum. The willow fence and arbors represent the type of fencing used in Colonial times. The garden was originally planted in 1984 by a group of Lewes residents and was maintained by the Sussex Master Gardeners. It is currently maintained by Lewes in Bloom, a local volunteer beautification organization.