The City of Lewes collects trash weekly on Monday and Tuesday from Labor Day through the end of June. The day your trash is collected depends on where your property is located. If you have any questions, please see the schedule below or contact the City of Lewes at 302-645-7777.
Starting July 1st, trash is collected twice a week until Labor Day, as follows:
- If your trash is picked up on Monday, your second pick up will be on Thursday.
- If your trash is picked up on Tuesday, your second pick up will be on Friday.
Regularly scheduled trash collection will be moved forward one day for the following City holidays:
Holidays from April 2018 to March 2019
- Monday, May 28 - Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 3 - Labor Day
- Monday, October 8 - Columbus Day
- Monday, December 24 & 25 - Christmas Holiday
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019 - New Years Day
- Monday January 21, 2019 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday February 18, 2019 - Presidents Day
As per the City of Lewes Code, all trash, garbage, and rubbish containers shall be removed from the front of any given property within 24 hours. They should be emptied by the collector and, when full, shall be placed along the curb in front of the property not sooner than noon of the day preceding the day that same normally will be collected by the collector.
For further information, please go to the City Code, Chapter 106, Garbage, Rubbish & Refuse.